Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Beginning of Time

Admin note: I am moving this comment to the main section of the blog so it is easier to access.

Hawaii said...
Well since I'm supposed to make more posts...I'll see about another question.

Did time have a beginning or does it extend infinitely in either direction? I guess my stance is formed around the big bang. I believe this is generally accepted as the beginning of our universe. I will assume that this is the case. Now before the big bang...can we tell what the universe was like at all? The answer is no. Since we can't tell what the universe was like before the big bang, then it doesn't matter what happened before the big bang. To me, this means that time restarted at the big bang. Nothing that happened before affects us now so it may as well have never happened at all.

The answer is that time did have a beginning with the big bang. Is it possible to have multiple beginnings? Perhaps time is more like a set of rays as opposed to a single line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home